Salvatore DePiano Obituary, Salvatore DePiano Has Passed Away

Salvatore DePiano Obituary, Salvatore DePiano Has Passed Away

Salvatore DePiano Obituary, Death Cause – The death of Salvatore C. DePiano was on March 23, 2023, and it is with heavy hearts that his family shares the news with everyone. Salvatore passed away without any discomfort while he was a resident at Sunrise Senior Living in Fairfield, Connecticut. Salvatore was born on January 26, 1927, making him 96 years old today. He was named after his late mother, Carmen DePiano, and his late father’s second wife, Lucia (Foglia) DePiano.

Both Italian immigrants from the province of Salerno in Avellino, Italy, both hailing from Salerno. Salvatore’s cherished wife Yolanda, as well as his brothers William and Patsy and sisters Angie, Ann, and Mary, all passed away before him. Viola Soares of Easton, Connecticut, Salvatore’s sister, is one of the people he leaves behind. two children, Carl DePiano and his wife Kim, who live in Woodstock, Georgia, and Karen Mahoney, who lives in Easton, Connecticut; four grandchildren, Danielle DePiano, Jonathan and his wife Madeline DePiano, Devin Mahoney, and Kyle Mahoney; and two great granddaughters, Poppy and Bradleigh DePiano.

Salvatore was born and raised in the county of Fairfield, Connecticut in the United States. He was a longstanding parishioner of Holy Rosary Parish in Bridgeport and a fervent follower of the Catholic faith. His classmates called him Sam, but he earned his high school diploma from Warren Harding in 1944 and his college degree from the University of Connecticut in 1948. After finishing high school, Sal was called up for military service, where he served for a year. After that, he went on to earn his teaching certificate. Between the years 1950 and 1952, he was a teacher at his high school of graduation, Warren Harding.

Yolanda Cavaliere, who had been Sal’s high school sweetheart since they first met at a Ritz Ballroom hop, became Sal’s wife in 1950. In 1952, Sal shocked Yolanda by declaring that he planned to pursue a career in law. As a result, Yolanda was forced to continue working in order to contribute financially to the home. While attending St. John’s School of Law in New York, Sal traveled by train from Bridgeport to Brooklyn each day as part of his daily commute. Sal supported himself by working menial jobs, and on the weekends, he would showcase his musical talent by playing the bass fiddle at Bill’s Castle. Meanwhile, during band coffee breaks, he would read his legal books.

After establishing himself as an attorney, Sal worked his way up through the ranks to become a court clerk and later a prosecutor before entering private practice in 1962. During his years of experience in private practice, Sal has established himself as a leading criminal and civil attorney in the state of Connecticut. He has presented oral arguments before the Connecticut Supreme Court as well as the Connecticut Appellate Court.

He has served as an attorney for high-profile clients such as mayors, judges, senators, and others. In addition, he was granted permission to practice law in the states of New York and Florida. Sal was a man of constant motion who found great joy in serving his community in a variety of capacities. Everyone who knew him would agree that he thoroughly enjoyed his work as an attorney, that he loved people, and that he adored animals. Generosity and thoughtfulness were deeply ingrained in his character.